Friday, April 24, 2009

How to Get Dressed Up When You're Staying In

Such a pleasant tone, the telephone
Oh! To let it moan and moan
Woman, I've known such loneliness a handshake gets me off.
Without you,
a statue stands in for your always growing mouth,
once worn so open I could see your molars.
Such tender symmetry just forced into drawers
But that sort of thing should cling to the clouds, then feed back to the earth through extension cords.

There's always a time limit to how much I'm allowed
Am I mad to imagine those words are for me, streaming stringing screams drip slow and alone
OH the phone! It groans and it groans
it rings through glass after glass, angled on lead legs
lays eggs
twisted pairs of air shells
Hatching launch pads for the slightest slick suck
You don't even know what's up

No comments:

Post a Comment